Weinheim, 07 September 2023. Freudenberg Performance Materials Apparel gives new life to discarded plastic with the launch of comfortemp® HO 80xR circular thermal insulation wadding.
The most sustainable solution is to use less and reuse more. With this new wadding from recycled polyamide, we have further extended this concept with the release of another innovation.
Suitable for everything from performance sporting apparel to the latest leisurewear and luxury garments, comfortemp® HO 80xR circular thermal insulation is made entirely from polyamide 6. 70% of this innovative wadding is recycled and comes from discarded fishing nets, carpet flooring and industrial plastic that would otherwise end up in landfill or the oceans. The remaining 30% is made up of virgin fibers.
Polyamide 6 is the only synthetic fiber that retains its performance characteristics after multiple recycling processes. This means that the virgin fibers can also be reused to make new garments or other textile products, far into the future.
In terms of sustainability, comfortemp® HO 80xR circular wadding is the perfect alternative to polyester. What’s more, it is warm and breathable, feels cozy to wear and is easy for fashion industry to process, including end-of-life disposal. The new wadding enables manufacturers to create recyclable mono material garments from polyamide 6.
Because it is delivered in as roll goods, comfortemp® HO 80xR circular simplifies production, improves care treatment and does not clump, resulting in durable clothes that can withstand years of use.
The key to a sustainable future is the circular economy. And what better way to live that philosophy than to create products that are designed to be recycled and reused, many times over? From discarded fishing nets to long-lasting, cozy comfort in one intelligent step.
The comfortemp® HO 80xR circular series is available for order in Europe. If you would like a product sample, please click here and fill out our request form.